An opportunity has arisen for a permanent position working for a software provider based in Oxfordshire. This is an exciting time to join the company as it expands and looks to update its solutions to use web based technologies, giving the suitable candidate the opportunity to have substantial input into the product's architecture and design.
The position requires involvement in
- the whole product development life-cycle for new projects
- maintaining and extending the functionality of existing applications including back-end services and client front-ends
- maintaining, designing and building efficient, reusable and reliable C# and TSQL code.
- integrating with third-party APIs and database systems.
Ideally the candidate will have
- a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent Microsoft Certification
- the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Personal Skills - The ability to back up your decisions and ideas with logic, reasoning and evidence
- strong communication and documentation skills
These are skills that are required and without which a candidate is unlikely to be successful:
- Experience with WPF front ends, WCF services, Windows Forms and Windows Services
- Proficient in C# (2+ years’ commercial experience)
- .NET Frameworks: 3.5 – 4.5
- Experience with MVC.NET framework
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server including writing stored procedures, mapping business processes to database schemas, optimising performance of queries
- (2+ years’ experience)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (including Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, and Abstraction)
- Pure ado.net programming
- Agile methodologies
Experience of these elements would enhance a candidate’s application:
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in C#
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Experience with Azure SQL Server and Cloud Services
- Experience integrating with third-party software: databases or services will be a bonus.
- Mobile Development experience: Windows Embedded and Android (Xamarin)
- Knowledge of Security issues for the web
- Responsive Web Design (e.g. CSS3 Media Queries)
- Experience with Telerik Kendo for MVC.NET
- Knowledge of Bootstrap
Hours of work are 08:30 to 17:00 Monday to Friday, salary negotiable and dependent on commercial experience. Successful candidates will also have access to our PerkBox facility. Candidates must be able to drive, as there is no public transport to the offices (remote working is not an option).