Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
The policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on this page.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
During the course of our activities, we will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) about our customers/subscribers, and we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The purpose of this policy is to make you aware of how we will handle your personal data.
Data Technology and rules change regularly, so we do reserve the right to amend it at any time.
We will comply with the seven data protection principles in the GDPR, which say that personal data must be:
- Processed fairly and lawfully.
- Processed for limited purposes and in an appropriate way.
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose. (We will review data we have every 3 years).
- Processed in line with individuals’ rights.
- Be kept secure.
“Personal data” means recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. It may include your contact details, other personal information, photographs, expressions of opinion about you or indications as to our intentions about you. “Processing” means doing anything with the data, such as accessing, disclosing, destroying or using the data in any way.
What Data We Gather
Our website has e-mail links and a live chat facility. These features facilitate the capture of personal information such as your first name, last name, company, email address and job title. Through the use of these features you may also provide additional personal information that would aid us in providing a service.
We may collect the following information:
- Name and Job Title.
- Contact information including email address.
- Your enquiry/message.
- Demographic information, such as postcode.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
- Google Analytics.
- IP address (this also helps us block repeated spam).
None of the features detailed above are automated and personal information is not captured unless expressly provided by the user.
How We Use the Data
We use this data to contact you about your enquiry. Thinking Software use the personal information provided to us to respond directly to enquiries and liaise with clients. We may also use email addresses for internal marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive Thinking Software marketing simply drop us an email and we will remove you from our distribution list.
We also use data to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. These activities are complete with the goal of continually improving our website functionality and customer service. Collecting this data helps us to understand what you are looking for from us as an organisation, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you emails about offers, events and other activities we think might be relevant to you.
We will usually only process your personal data where you have given us your explicit consent, for example, to register for access to our website, signing up for a newsletter or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. In other cases, processing may be necessary for the protection of your vital interests, for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interest of others. The full list of conditions is set out in the GDPR:
- We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose or purposes notified to you or for any other purposes specifically permitted by the GDPR.
- Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes notified to you.
- We will seek to keep the personal data we store about you accurate and up to date. Data that is inaccurate or out of date will be deleted. However, it is your obligation to keep us informed of any changes to your personal data, eg if you move house, or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you. You may do this by sending an email as indicated in section six.
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required, which is typically two years from your last interaction with us, by email, website or other means.
- We will only process your data in line with your data rights.
You have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes.
- Ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended.
- Prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to you or anyone else.
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to, personal data.
We will ensure that we have in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of deletion.
Google Analytics Data
Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on the website.
- How long you spend on each website page.
- What you click on while you are visiting the site.
We don’t collect or store your personal information (for example your name or address) unless you have actively passed it on to us, so this information can’t be used to identify who you are.
We deposit cookies to collect information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, country, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system and date/time of visit. This data is routinely recorded by the vast majority of web sites and is for statistical purposes only. None of the information stored, including but not limited to IP addresses, is linked to personally identifiable information.
We may use Google Analytics for the following purposes:
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. Thinking Software use data from Google's interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to inform our marketing strategy.
Visitors can opt out of Google Analytics using this browser add-on.
For further information on cookies in general, including how to decline and remove cookies from your browser visit www.aboutcookies.org.uk.
All cookies used by and on our site are used in accordance with current cookie law.
Before cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop-up requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies you are enabling us to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of cookies; however certain features of our site may not function fully or as intended. Our site uses analytics services provided by Google. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling us to better understand how our site is used. This, in turn, enables us to improve our site and the products and services offered through it.
The analytics service(s) used by our site use(s) cookies to gather the required information. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, however whilst our use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of our site, it does enable us to continually improve our site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
The following cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
How We Store Your Data
When you consent to filling in the enquiry form, your data is stored on the website's database and also emailed to the admin email associated with that form. You will also receive a user email which will detail what information we hold and a link to remove yourself from this database.
We always hold your information securely. To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards. We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR.
Thinking Software do not transfer data to third parties and will only disclose your personal information in circumstances where we are legally obliged to do so.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
Providing Information to Third Parties
We will always try to provide you with links to high quality, reputable websites, which we believe will be of interest to you, but please note that such third party website are not under our control and we do not contribute to the content of such sites. When you click through to any of these websites, you leave the areas controlled by Thinking Software. We cannot accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with the third party’s use of data, the website content or the services offered to you by these websites.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Links from Our Site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside of www.thinking-software.com. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Contact Details and Access to Information
No material, graphics, sounds, text, animation, design, interactive ideas, or conceptual ideas from this site may be copied, uploaded, posted, modified or distributed in any way except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your own personal/home use only, provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. The use of any such material on any other website or computer environment is prohibited unless agreed otherwise by the company ("Thinking Software Ltd").
All content on this site including words, logos, animations, graphics or other media are trademarks of Thinking Software Ltd unless stated otherwise. Other trademarks which appear on this site are owned by the relevant proprietor. All rights relating to such trademarks are reserved.
This site is controlled and operated by Thinking Software Ltd from the United Kingdom and complies with English law. It is intended to be accessed by UK users and international users. All visits to this site shall be governed by English law.
Whilst Thinking Software Ltd uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information in the site, Thinking Software Ltd makes no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. Thinking Software Ltd assumes no liability for any errors or omissions in the content of the site. All information is subject to subsequent variation, without notice.